Saturday 1 September 2012

Beauty Haul: Brand Make Up in Pound Shops?


I spontaneously decided to go into Poundworld to look at the make up and nail polish as I'd seen other blogs posting about finding trusted brands in pound shops.

Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Anti-Puffiness Concealer (RRP £7.99)
I managed to find Bourjois concealer for £1 however it is in shade No.3 Mat - Hàlé which is bronze to dark. I don't have dark skin however it'll be useful for when I fake tan. Its currently in Boots for £7.99 so its definitely a bargain whether I use it or not. 

L.A. Colors Nails Art Deco (Not available in UK stores)
I was going to buy these from ebay or amazon a few weeks ago for about £3 each with shipping but decided not to. I'm so glad I didn't as I got three for £3 and I got to see the colours properly. The colours I have are White, Black and Baby Pink. I haven't tried them yet but if they're good I may have to buy some of the other colours and glitter ones.

Sinful Colors & NYC Nail Polish (Sinful Colors is not available in UK stores)
I moved over to the nail polishes and found a Sinful Colors nail polish in shade All Mighty for £1. This is my second Sinful Colors nail polish as I got shade Smoking Hot (which I love!) on holiday in Spain. So I was pleased when I seen they sold Sinful Colors nail polish. I'm going to keep checking back to see if there's any more shades as this was the only shade I could find. I've never found the brand in any UK stores before just online where its around £3-4 a bottle.

NYC Nail Polish (RRP £1.79 each)
Another nail polish brand I like is NYC (New York Color) which they sold. These two nail polishes were together in a plastic sleeve. The one on the left looks black but its more dark purple/grey its called Chinatown. The one on the right is actually a glitter top coat called Big City Dazzle. I'm wearing Big City Dazzle right now and its a lovely purple/pink/blue glitter top coat! Great additions to my NYC nail polish collection.


So overall I got all of this for £6! I definitely recommend hunting in pound shops for make up from now on!

12 comments:

  1. wow. great haul.

    sheree x

    glitzngrime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lucky I managed to get some bargains haha xo

      Delete
  2. Such good deals! I rarely get that lucky haha

    xo,
    LelaLondon.com - Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither usually haha, you should have a look in your local pound shop and see if you can get any good deals! xo

      Delete
  3. sooo cool! get me to poundland x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow might just do this so worth it!

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I love NYC polishes! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope they have more shades soon xo

      Delete
  6. Insanely jealous of these fab finds! I always find strange looking cheapy brands in the poundshop - always been too scared to try them!

    I love your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    Chloe xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen some of the cheap looking make up in there I tend to steer away from that. Thank you! I love yours too, just followed it! :) xo

      Delete